Neonatology is a subspecialty of pediatrics that deals with diseases and care of premature newborns. It is a hospital based subspecialty that is usually practiced in neonatal intensive care units (NICUs)
Neonatologists work closely with obstetricians during complex and high-risk pregnancies. Neonatologists manage babies born prematurely, with birth defects or suffering from serious illnesses
Helping preterm babies survive:
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Brightpoint Royal Women’s Hospital is a Level III neonatology unit. We offer the highest level of care for neonatal diagnosis, holistic medical care with a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Brightpoint Royal Women’s Hospital Neonatal unit is fully equipped with state-of-the-art technology to care for newborns with complex medical problems and has seamless access to specialty services needed. The Neonatology department provides round-the-clock care to critically ill newborns and premature infants accepts premature babies from gestation age of 24 weeks and above for all medical conditions.
Brightpoint Royal has implemented Knagaroo Mother Care (KMC) which is provided routinely to babies in NICU. It increases intimacy and attachment between baby and parent and provides the baby with a warm and loving atmosphere which also helps in baby’s development.
As part of one of the top-ranked Neonatology Hospitals in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, we admit neonates from any community hospital and government hospitals.
Our Services: Our state-of-the-art NICU has service capabilities that include:
• A total of 15 beds
• Direct access from Labor and Delivery to NICU
• Self-contained Blood Gas Laboratory for immediate blood gas results
• Hemodynamic monitoring
• Digital imaging readers in the unit
• Isolation room
• Omnibeds, which can be used as incubators and warmers
• Dedicated ultrasound machine for neonatal echocardiography and cranial ultrasound
Our Medical Services: The division maintains an active relationship with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. In addition to conventional newborn intensive care, the following neonatal services are also available:
· 24-hour in-house coverage by neonatologist
· A-ABR Hearing Screening test
· Access to lab and radiology
· Advanced information systems including digital imaging readers
· Advanced point of care laboratory testing including self-contained blood gas laboratory
· Continuous neurointensive care EEG monitoring of at risk newborns
· Conventional and high frequency oscillatory ventilation
· Family centered care
· Inhaled nitric oxide
· Lactation consultation
· Long-term neonatal care
· Neonatal developmental care follow-up clinic
· Neonatal transfers
· Non Invasive ventilation – nCPAP, BiPAP, high flow nasal cannula Oxygen
· Paediatric echocardiography
· Paediatric urology
· Pulmonary function testing
· Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) screening and treatment
· Systemic hypothermia programs for neuroprotection of newborns
Neonatal transport services: Brightpoint Royal Women’s Hospital is committed to providing excellence in transport services. We have a fully automated ambulance equipped with neonatal transport incubator to transport our babies in the safest environment.